I did not put this strategy in extensions on purpose. The reason being is
that this can really get you in trouble when dealing with detachable models.
Imagine changing a page and having all the model's from last page load as
well as all the models on this page. The idea behind ifmodelequals was that when you compare detachable models you can just compare the database ids of
objects they point to instead of loading the objects from the db.

but if you guys really want it in there i guess i can add it.

I just thought there is this nice strategy pattern but no strategies (except one).

However when the ListDataProvider is used I do not see a case where the List's objects would not be kept together with the List in the session (non detachable). Otherwise you'd propably use an IDataProvider directly. So togehter with ListDataProvider it could be useable. Or maybe ListDataProvider should by default return an Model which does the equal/hashCode on the model-object.

Anyway I mostly use my own IDataProviders directly and HibernateModels which do the right thing. So its not on my must-have list.

Christian

___________________________________________________________ Telefonate ohne weitere Kosten vom PC zum PC: http://messenger.yahoo.de