inspector shows the size of the page as it is /in session/.

i think the problem is how you declared the model:
return new LoadableDetachableModel(){
       protected Object load(){
             return object;
          }

since the model is anonymous and object is final, the object will /always/ hold on to the object. its internal object variable will be cleared, but the anonymous class will still hang on to object reference.

-Igor