That path is youre webapplication context and youre wicket servlet name
That is constant for youre application. You don't generate that at all you only make/register
Resources to the SharedResources.

So every application will have this resource with this path:

/resources/wicket.extensions.markup.html.datepicker.DatePicker/calendar.js

If you use the DataPicker (wicket-extentions.jar) in youre application.

johan

On 2/5/06, Piotr Bzdyl < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,
> Those resources are generated by PackageResources (or other dynamic
> resources) that are added to the SharedResources map.
> This can be done at startup from youre application see
> wicket.extensions.Initializer and
> DatePickerComponentInitializer().init(application);
>
> this is the calendar.js:
>
> PackageResource.bind(application, DatePicker.class, "calendar.js");
>
> That initializer is called on application startup because of the
> wicket.properties file in the root of the jar which defines this:
>
> initializer=wicket.extensions.Initializer
Thanks for your answer. This much helped. But I still don't know how to
generate this kind of dynamic link location to the directory holding
resources:

/wicket-examples/forminput/resources/wicket.extensions.markup.html.datepicker.DatePicker/calendar.js

Part
/resources/wicket.extensions.markup.html.datepicker.DatePicker/calendar.js
is constant but /wicket-examples/forminput will change from app to app.

What is the best practice?

Best regards,
Piotr

PS: I would like to contribute my component to the wicket-extensions. I
will send the sources when I finish writing and testing the component. I
plan to create component which will allow to choose the html editor
implementation from HTMLArea (from dynarch.com), FCKeditor and tinymce.