>From within style.css the references to images is always local to the style.

So when I need to add a style.css to a wicket markup file, and I want previewability, I usually do something like this:

<wicket:remove>

some ideas

Make those resources also PackageResources so inside the src dir.
Or
set a hard path ../../../ in Index.html to style.css and logo.png
And then fix that path at runtime

johan