On Feb 13, 2006, at 4:53 PM, Martijn Dashorst wrote:

All,

 - constructor refactor
        we have reached a limit to the support we want to provide
        for Ajax and javascript. In order to provide the best support

+1 on the constructor refactor, just means I'll have to convert a few things over once its done .. oh well :)

 - java 5 support
This is something a lot of people are waiting for. I understand that many people want, Igor states /need/, Java 5 support in Wicket.

+1 on java 5 support, I've had this in production for at least a year ... and the benefits outweigh any drawbacks.

The questions I'm seeking answers to are the following:

 - should the post 1.2 version of Wicket involve both changes?

no, get that out the door, and do this for 1.3 or future ..

 - should we make different releases for either change, and thus
postponing 1.5 to
   Wicket 3?

bundle it all in one, so the pain is localized and controlled.

 - how many of you still require for current or future projects to run
on JDK 1.4?
- how many would object to having a retroweaver build of a JDK 5 Wicket, which
   enables you to run 1.5 code on a 1.4 JRE?

Thanks for your answers,

Martijn

--
Living a wicket life...