I am not only new to Wicket; I am also new to web programming.  I can read HTML, but I’m not fluent in writing it.  Any suggestions for a free HTML editor that is appropriate for Wicket users?

I presume it should be text-centric rather than a WYSIWYG editor, because we need to keep things clean, small and readable at the tag level.  But it would probably be nice if there were a way to view the result at the touch of a button.  Also, it should make it easy to produce correct XHTML, especially for someone who has trouble remembering the names of tags.