Thanks, looking at the example again I see that.

However I have some difficulty seeing how I would be able to grab the contents of my List “forklaringer” from within the populateItem. Could you give an example?

-Nino

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Nick Heudecker
Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2006 8:42 AM
To: wicket-user@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Wicket-user] Listview: cannot instantiate the type

ListView is abstract.  You must implement the populateItem(...) method:

new ListView("list",
forklaring) {
    public void populateItem(ListItem item) {
        // add stuff to item.
    }
};

On 2/23/06, Nino Wael <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi

Im having trouble instantiateing the Listview control, I get the error "Cannot Instiantiate the type ListView" . This is within these lines the errors occur:

private  wicket.markup.html.list.ListView myList;

        List forklaring = Arrays.asList(new String[] { "Aktuelle forløb fordelt på varighed", "antal forløb", "Forløb pr. berørt", "æ", "ø", "å" });

        myList                  = new wicket.markup.html.list. ListView("list",forklaring);

This part is taken  from the javadoc documentation:

add(new ListView("rows", listData)

which I belive is pretty similar to the code which I've written .

-Nino