What argument *couldn't* be made?  Comparing JSP and Wicket is like night and day...JSP is antiquated technology in comparison.

The fact that you can be many more times productive and simultaneously produce clean, manageable code is probably the top-most incentive for using Wicket.

A con might be the fact that session-state is used rather heavily.  However, in my own benchmarking...Wicket holds up extremely well w/ 100's of simultaneous users (that was while testing Wicket 1.1.1 & Hibernate, pulling up several different types of object graphs.)

Just my 2c...

-v