* We might consider adding event methods, like onAdd(Component) and
onReplace(Component) that are called right after a component is added/
replaced. A special not on this is that the add method will dissapear
anyway the next major release as we have the constructor change then.
Replace will still exist. I'd be +1 for this change, but it depends on
what the other developers think of this.

hmm and what does that mean when we have the constructor change?
There is no add() method anymore then.

I think his case should be solved at the model level instead of component level

Just view the parent youre own CompoundPropertyModel
And on get or setObject(Component) when the component is one of the textfields do your thing.

johan