Wicket really isn't perfect. But it's really getting closer and closer :)

-Matej

Eelco Hillenius wrote:
Yeah, Wicket is not perfect and neither are we. That's why we discuss
here and see whether we can reach common ground. Then everyone will be
happy! :)

the flipside is of course that we were able to refactor a ton without
breaking too much api. you can argue that 1.2 has a lot of api breaks, but if you compare code in 1.2 to 1.1 they can almost be different frameworks.

-Igor

On 5/9/06, Matej Knopp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> If WicketMessageTagHandler can get resource.getContainerInfo(), why my
> filter can't?
>
> There's something about this that doesn't make me feel entirely good.
> Why can't my filter get this information? Or even better, why can't my
> MarkupParser get this information? Is it /that/ internal?
>
> IMHO sometimes wicket is being way too overprotective. Quite often when
> I want to implement something with wicket that is not common I get into
> this kind of situation. And sometimes it can be little bit frustrating.
>
> -Matej
>
> Igor Vaynberg wrote:
> > this was never meant to be postprocessed
> >
> > users are not meant to output wicket:i18n:key to the attribute using an
> > attribute modifier and expect it to work.
> >
> > this was only meant as a preprocessing step toloading the markup. after
> > that users are on their own.
> >
> > of course then we need to figure out where the properties come from
> > because you dont have the hierarchy yet? maybe this can wait until 2.0.
> >
> > -Igor
> >

> > On 5/9/06, * Matej Knopp* <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>
wrote:

> >     Well, it looks that this is not as easy as it seemed to be.
> >
> >     I've made a MarkupFilter that translates the string. But I need
> >     to give it ContainerInfo of current markup resource (same as
> >     WicketMessageTagHandler gets). The problem is that I can't touch
markup
> >     (or markup.getResource ) in my
LocalizedMarkupParser#initFilterChain
> >     method (I derived my own parser from MarkupParser).
> >
> >     At least protected Markup MarkupParser.getMarkup() would help.
> >
> >     -Matej
> >
> >     Matej Knopp wrote:
> >      > Matej Knopp wrote:
> >      >> Juergen Donnerstag wrote:
> >      >>> On 5/9/06, Matej Knopp < [EMAIL PROTECTED]
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>
> >     wrote:
> >      >>>> $${key}? Or whatever you want.
> >      >>>> interested in clean and simple preprocessing filters,
> >     something wicket
> >      >>>> lacks currently.
> >      >>>>
> >      > Oh, stupid me. It is possible. Was it possible in 1.1 too? I
> >     guess I was
> >      > evaluating this and it was not possible back then.
> >      >
> >      > Anyway, it seems that markup filter should be enough.
> >      >
> >      >> Unfortunately IMarkupFilter does not seem to be capable of
replacing
> >      >> things in RawMarkup elements, does it? So it seems not to be
able to
> >      >> replace ${key} to localized value, or am I missing anything
here?
> >      >>
> >     What
> >     of the
> >      >> file as string. Then let the preprocessor process it and then
> >     send it
> >      >> to MarkupParser? (Just a thoght).
> >      >>
> >      >> -Matej
> >      >>>
> >      >>> That is true, we don't have something that allow to
> >     pre-processor the
> >      >>> plain input string and IMO it is not needed and when I think
about
> >      >>> <?xml encoding=".."?> it could be dangerous. IMarkupFilter
serve a
> >      >>> similar function but are already aware of the xml structure,
the
> >      >>> encoding, etc.. And it is trivial to register them with the
> >      >>> application.
> >      >>>
> >      >>> Juergen
> >      >>>
> >      >>>
> >      >>>
> >      >>> security?
> >      >>> job easier
> >      >>> Download IBM WebSphere Application Server v.1.0.1 based on
Apache

http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=k&kid0709&bid&3057&dat1642

<http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=lnk&kid=120709&bid=263057&dat=121642>