i get ClassCastException so

protected void populateItem(ListItem item) {
        //CollapsingPair pair = (CollapsingPair)item.getModel();
CollapsingPair pair = (CollapsingPair)item.getModelObject(); //@TODO : Ali Reza Sharghi , i add

also if i correctly use your component , where is tag of header or content components of client of component ? and surely you want choosing these tags give to client of components.

i get exception

wicket.WicketRuntimeException: The component(s) below failed to render. A common problem is that you have added a component in code but forgot to reference it in the markup (thus the component will never be rendered).

when use your component in this way :

        List<CollapsingPair> listItems = new ArrayList<CollapsingPair>();
listItems.add(new CollapsingPair(new Label("label1", "one"), getPanel("panel1"))); listItems.add(new CollapsingPair(new Label("label2", "two"), getPanel("panel2"))); listItems.add(new CollapsingPair(new Label("label3", "three"), getPanel("panel3"))); add(new CollapsablePane("pane", listItems, Duration.ONE_SECOND, true)); //<span wicket:id="pane">Test Pane</span>

  }

    private Panel getPanel(String id) {
        Panel panel = new Panel(id);
        panel.add(new Label( id +"a", id + "a"));
        panel.add(new Label( id +"b", id + "b"));
        panel.add(new Label( id +"c", id + "c" ));
        return panel;
    }
in summary , my labels an panels where thier tags defined in markup ? please help