This seems like a lame question but I'm struggling again w/ the
DropDownChoice control (using 1.2).

I simply want to set static values to a DropDownChoice control so they
can be drawn out later in the form's input class when it's submitted.

I thought I had done this before but can't find that I have - how can
I set, say, a Map of name/value pairs of Strings?

In this case I'm not providing a List<T> of values to the dropdown but
rather a Map<String, String> of static values - unless of course
there's an easier way.

This control still feels cumbersome to work worth....perhaps it's just me?

Thanks!