Scott,

do you really have to get access to the panel from the form? Or can your panel respond to a model change you do in the form?

Dirk

2006/10/15, Scott Swank < [EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
One weekend later and I'm working on this again.  Here's my situation:

page
- browse panel
- cart panel
- modal window
- - edit item form (inside the modal window)

I have an ajax submit button in the EditItemForm.  I need to call

  public void onSubmit(AjaxRequestTarget target, Form f) {
    target.addComponent(theCartPanel);
    ModalWindow.close(target);
  }

My problem is: how do I get access to the cart panel from within the
form in the modal window?  Here's what I've come up with, and
everything feels a bit ugly:

1. I can get the cart from the session and have the cart fetch the
cart panel -- ugh, the cart (business object) shouldn't know about a
UI widget.
2.  I can pass the cart panel in as my model object
3. I could put the cart panel in the session (or my own ThreadLocal)
4. I could crawl my way back up
findParent(ProductPanel.class).visitChildren(IVisitorThatHandlesTargetAddComponent)

Any suggestions would be entirely welcome.

Thanks,
Scott