> The only requirement would be that the JCR Session to be
> request-confined (so thread safe). I really think this is possible in
> Wicket, but I am still waiting for your book to go out so that I can
> give better answers to this :-).

Heh. If a session is thread bound (though I wouldn't see the point of
that, but I don't Jackrabbit very well), you could follow a
threadlocal pattern like you'd do with Hibernate. A servlet filter or
request cycle for managing the thread local would make sense then. And
the repository looks like something you would define for an
application scope to me.