On 10/23/06, Carfield Yim <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > And in fact I'm wondering what that component manager is doing anyway?
> > As this would be more typical:
> >
> Look like we've some misunderstanding here, the component manager is
> something that return a service for my old application. Where a
> service in that application like an Object of Page in wicket. So the
> idea is just every time a before a page render and after a page
> render, or doing the operation. Run some setup before and cleanup
> afterward.

Yeah, I expected it was something like that, hence the second example I gave.

This is a typical example of 'the unlearning effect' people go through
when used to developing with frameworks like Struts etc. Basically,
you have to let go of the request/response way of programming you
would do with other frameworks. Just try to code like you can see in
the examples etc.

> Yes, just figure out that, post it here please let me know if I am wrong:

You should provide instances of WebRequestCycle rather then
RequestCycle directly. And then let the super class handle things like
onRuntimeException and getRedirect, and only override those methods
you really need.

But again, instead of starting in this direction, postpone until you
are really sure you need a custom request cycle. In 99% of the case
you won't need it, and instead should focus on components instead.