I made further digging in the issue and found that TabbedPanel component needs to provide access to its tabs list attribute and ITab interface needs setTitle method. I am new to wicket hence, I don't know weather there will  issues to add, these facilities to TabbedPanel component. I will appreciate, if Igor or other developer help us here.

Regards
--Kamlesh

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Sharma, Kamlesh
Sent: Sunday, October 22, 2006 9:19 PM
To: wicket-user@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Wicket-user] AjaxTabbedPanel - changing tab label

Thanks. Yes, I did. I could see the changed tab object, in respond(final RequestCycle requestCycle) method of  AjaxRequestTarget. But in respondComponent(final Response response, final String markupId, final Component component), when component.renderComponent() is called, It spits old markup. I could not see the changed label going to respondComponent method.

--Kamlesh