as martijn said. I am not talking about pooling pages over sessions
That is a nogo in wicket. No i was talking about a single session reusing pages.
So if you create a link that goes back to page X then hold that page there.

pooling pages over sessions can't be done. Maybe for completely static pages
that has no dynamic parts at all. But then you can just use pure html.

With the current jvm's you shouldn't pool objects because you don't want to make them
pooling (caching) of objects should only be done if the object when created would do io kind of things
like Database Connections or database objects.

Maybe very very big objects could be pooled like large buffers, but i also  don't know if that really would give
you something.

johan