this is of course only the default behavior and the whole thing is still
easily configurable.

Ok, thats clear but want to know to what extent this would be configurable.
By that do you mean we can only configure two situations, one that we choose
to go with the new default behavior and the other being the current
situation where everything is stored in session?
It'll be nice and useful if we could also say only after N pages of history
should Wicket serialize to disk or database.
What about that?

Regards,
Francis

-igor

On 12/14/06, Nathan Hamblen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Ryan wrote:
> > [...]
> > 1. Session support. Many other web frameworks do not use sessions out
> of
> > the box. Wicket uses the session extensively to store the render state
> > of most renders. This leads to a large session and if you are not
> > careful a VERY large session. I understand Wicket 1.3 will address
> this
> > however for the time being this is an important issue to be aware of
> > when evaluating Wicket ( for instance the simple act of using Link to
> > create a link that executes java code when clicked causes the entire
> > page and children to be stored in the session).
>
> I don't think that will be any different in 1.3, for a standard Link.
> You want the magic, you gotta pay for it. The good thing is that landing
>
> pages and major entry points (that are bounce-heavy anyway) can soon be
> done in Wicket without opening unused sessions. You can make as many
> pages/links bookmarkable and stateless as you need to. So  using Wicket
> site-wide will be a lot easier argument to make, and we'll never have to
> write JSPs again! Yay!
>
> (An entirely stateless Wicket app would be, in my mind, throwing out the
> baby...)
>
> Nathan

> your

Beware of bugs in the above code;
I have only proved it correct, not tried it.
                                   -Donald Knuth
I don't make predictions. I never have,
and I never will.
                                   -Tony Blair