Our folk were impressed when I took a panel that was in a modal window
and add()-ed to a tab -- blammo I had the content displaying in both
places.  Thanks to a visitor it was also being updated as a target of
the appropriate ajax request.

I also got positive feedback when I showed two versions of our
application (corporate call center & concierge desks at hotels) and
showed how subclasses of the same abstract component were handling
behavior differences we wanted in the two applications.

Scott

On 1/4/07, Ryan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I recently completed a similar presentation (however it was longer
> than 10 minutes).
>
> In my opinion Wicket's main selling point to development teams is
> reusability and maintenance. Features like OO component model, markup
> inheritance, and html like templates lead to better reusability and
> easier maintenance.
>
> I would create a simple webpage that consists of several components
> that show off some customization to a built in Wicket feature, perhaps
> markup inheritance to get a "border" effect, and an ajax dialog or so.
> Then I would demo the application from a browser and ask how long it
> would take to build something similar in struts.... when they answer
> several days etc show them the Wicket code.
>
> Its hard to compete with a solution that produces such clean code with
> very little effort like Wicket... play that angle.
>
> Ryan
>
> On 1/4/07, Nino Wael <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >

> > Hi im doing a wicket presentation for our consultants team, on this first
> > teaser I have about ten minutes.
> >

> > I plan to talk something about markup inheritance(the stuff with panels and
> > borders, which are very nice), and the POJO concept.
> >

> > Also wickets model concept and that you don't have to think about the
> > tedious tasks like printing html and setting the correct radio to be
> > selected. I guess that part will be a big eye opener for some of themJ
> >

> > Which features should I show?
> >

> > The crowd will maximum have knowledge of struts or simple jsp pages.
> >

> > Regards Nino

Scott Swank
reformed mathematician