I'm working on this now, and have a few questions:

When would you use StringResourceModel instead of getting a string from
Localizer
and creating a model from that?

What's the attach and detach behavior of the property models?

Why does IModel extend IDetachable? One might expect only
AbstractDetachableModel to do so.

Why does IDetachable define detach() but not attach()?

Am I the only one who thinks that a "nested model" should really be called
an
"enclosing model"? In other words, I at first interpreted getNestedModel()
to mean "get models that are nested inside of me", not "get the model that
I'm nested inside of". Then I couldn't understand why it wasn't
getNestedModels().