On 1/19/07, Ryan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I think session#attach and #detach are some what undesirable for the
> purpose of clustering since attach and detach are called on every
> request rather than only on requests that bounce between servers.

Again, I'm not defending that method has to stay there, but the
thought behind doing that call back on every request is there is no
standard way of knowing when the session was moved, but you *do* know
your session was serialized/ deserialized when transient fields would
be initialized, which would then be an indication the session object
is new or replicated. Of course, you could customize serialization
with the same effect, but I think the thought back then was that was
extra and providing attach was an easier method. Of course, just doing
it yourself lazily works much nicer.