That's the conclusion finally came to as well. I've started working on
something of my own based on what I've learned from wicket-auth-roles. I was
just a little nervous working with my own custom created annotations as I've
never done that before. I've only been a consumer of annotations in the
past.

the project is really meant to be an example rather then something for you
to use directly in your project, so feel free to cannibalize whatever code
you want from it.

-igor