This is very strange.
We are know about the FilePageStore.storePage performance issues and
johan is working on optimizing that.

but CompressedPackageResource shouldn't take 30%. Definitely not. caches
the resource so the serving should be immediate. Unless your machine
runs out of memory, in that case the cache is evicted.

I'm not sure but i think there was a memory leak in 1.x lately, are you
sure you're using the latest version?

What's the configuration of your server?

Btw. You can try to use HttpSessionStore to see if it makes serving
pages faster

(in your application class
        protected ISessionStore newSessionStore() {
                return new HttpSessionStore();
        }
)

-Matej