> As a user I'm very happy with the current features and possibilities in
> wicket, and am only waiting for the changes(stateless forms,

Stateless pages, forms and links are already backported to 1.3!

> page cache, ...

The SecondLevelCacheSessionStore? Already in 1.3 :)

Yes, that was my point. The only features I feel missing are the ones
available in 1.3 (since I'm using 1.2.x right now)  and the Java 5 features.

)  in 1.3. My main dissatisfaction is some ugly code I'm forced to write
> which can be easily improved. Like I'm really sick of the casting and
the
> "always null" parameter in :
> myObject = (MyObject) myModel.getObject (null);

Agreed. We've been talking about backporting 2.0's models.

Mind you that the main pain point in this whole thing - besides
maintaining two branches - is the constructor change, which we are
starting to regret now. The model change definitively was for the
better. Generics might be applied in a separate version.

So , I feel the trend is towards reversing the change ... heeheee ! ;-)