On 3/14/07, ZedroS Schwart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

When I have to change an object on the "OnSubmit", I use the update
methods from my managers. What I fear here is to update some data
which have already been updated in between.

hibernate and jpa provide optimistic locking that guards against this. see
hibernate's manual for more info.

Overall, I'm wondering whether my implentation is "good enough" and
how to avoid "data collision".

personally i prefer to work with form beans and then apply those beans to
persistent objects. the reason is that in anything but trivial apps forms
usually dont map very well to persistent objects, so you end up doing hacks.
its easier to build a pojo that maps exactly to the form, and then apply
that to wherever in a service method. but this is just my preference.

otherwise sounds good.

-igor

What do you think of it ?

Thanks in advance