That's was a really instructive post, thanks Eelco.

In fact I'm actually struggling with this kind of issue. I've model
objects and then on my presentation layer the data are quite often a
bit different, and thus I wonder which way is the best.

Igor had spoken about "form beans", but then I've to map them
somewhere with my actual domain objects, which can be quite annoying.
Merge and VO object may be a good way to avoid some part of this pain.

However, you said you weren't a fan of this pattern, could you please
explain which approach you use ? I would really like it because I find
it really important for ease of development and maintainability.  And
up to now I've found a way which fully pleases me.

Thanks in advance
ZedroS