It's cool that it can be done like that. However, it's still not clear
to me what the advantage (besides giving people more choice if they

It isn't clear to me either. But as I know of some people (including myself)
that i's using @Configurable to inject their domain objects (this is the
spring 2 recommended way to go with that kind of wizardry), they may prefer
to reutilize the same general technique for their presentation layer.

Also, forgive me if I missed something, but if those dependencies are
defined as transients and the components would be serialized and

deserialized, who/ where/ what would be in charge of re-injecting the
dependencies?

Take a look at
http://opensource.atlassian.com/projects/spring/browse/SPR-2896. The toy
aspect I have defined before won't take care of dependency injecting upon
deserialization, but it's a matter of advicing readResolve too as have been
done for the spring 2.0.3 AnnotationBeanConfigurerAspect; it's pretty easy,
I'll post the updated aspect later.

Cheers,
Carlos

Eelco

On 3/23/07, Carlos Pita <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > heh, the biggest advantage of @SpringBean is that it is done _before_
the
> constructor. i use services in the constructor all the time. maybe you
can
> tweak the aspectj aspect to also do it before as well.
>
> (But do you explicitly invoke these services from inside the constructor
or
> just delay execution inside populateItem-like callbacks? Sorry if the
> question is silly but I'm still making my way into wicket.)
>
> Regarding tweaking the aspect, the off-the-shelf pointcut is an
> initialization one and the advice is an after one. Initialization
pointcut
> will encompass the period from the return from the super constructor
call to
> the return of the first-called constructor. So the advice will in fact
be
> called after the constructor returns.  But redefining the advice to
> before-initialization (or before-call or before-execution) is trivial:
>
> @Aspect
> public class ConfigurerAspect extends BeanConfigurerSupport {
>
>     public ConfigurerAspect() {
>         setBeanWiringInfoResolver(new
> AnnotationBeanWiringInfoResolver());
>     }
>

> @Before("initialization((@
org.springframework.beans.factory.annotation.Configurable