>>> The problem is that if the error is thrown i get a No page found for
>>> component. I understand that the cause of the error is that the
"error
>>> component" not being instantiated because of the constructor not
being
>>> finished (or i think that's the cause).

Maybe wicket use cases for which partially constructed objects cause
issues aren't that rare afterall.

I haven't followed the full details of this issue but, on first glance
at least, it appears like another case where a two phase initialization
scheme (constructor completion then init() called automagically by the
framework) would have voided the need for such a detailed discussion of
complex work around options.

Just my $0.02 worth. Well probably only $0.015