> I would love nothing more than to have Wicket as the "de facto" where I
> work.  Unfortunately, the application server admin is somewhat worried
> about the amount of heap space my app uses.  I am working at profiling
> the app to see where the real issue lies.  Unfortunately, it has been
> almost impossible to get any hard numbers from him on how big a slice he
> has had to a lot my app.  The funny thing is we have multiple apps in
> production (non-Wicket) whose sessions' are so big that they can't be
> clustered in Weblogic.  My Wicket app clusters just fine so I am not
> sure why he has such trepidation about using Wicket in more places.

It's the unfortunate knee-jerk reaction people have when they hear
Wicket uses server side memory. Only thing you can say to those people
is 'measure before you make conclusions'. You've heard of the root of
all evil: 'premature optmization'. Java EE has a lot of that
unfortunately.

Anyway, if you upgrade to 1.3 and use SecondLevelCacheSessionStore
(the default for 1.3) you'll find that memory usage dropped quite a
bit.