> After 40+ hours of more research, I did indeed find my style of coding - and
> it clicks. Page-based, component-based, object-oriented web interfaces
> driven by Java code with automatic html rendering.
>
>         http://click.sourceforge.net/
>
> Phil
>
> On 4/8/07, Eelco Hillenius <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > It sounds like Echo is more your style of coding. See
> http://www.nextapp.com/

Labeling it 'object oriented' imo is wrong: objects are stateful by
definition. I wouldn't label Click OO, as it doesn't support automatic
state management (which is one of the central concepts of Wicket).

Anyway, cool that you found a framework you're happy with. What I like
about Click is that it provides what looks like a clean programming
model, and is more about Java programming than XML configuration. What
I don't like about it is that it gives you the promise of OO coding,
but stops half way. But well... I bet the people from Click would call
that pragmatic :) It sure *does* look a lot better than most of the
alternatives out there.