On 4/11/07, Thomas Singer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> you did not convince me at all.

Not for the usage, but the implementation.

it was only about 10 minutes, so no biggie.

i also just tweaked it a
> bit so you might want to see comments on the jira.

I more liked your first implementation (rev. 527614).

my original implementation does not play along nicely with fragments.

<wicket:fragment wicket:id="frag1"></wicket:fragment>
would have to become
that is rather ugly and adds "special" syntax into the mix.

Maybe a general hook
(into components/pages with own markup) into the same location as your
change would allow to modify any XmlTags programmatically? Something like

actually i did not use any non-public api. what i did was modify an existing
IMarkupFilter implementation, you can add your own IMarkupFilters into the
chain.

see

MarkupParser.initFilterChain()
IMarkupParserFactory
Application.getMarkupSettings().setMarkupParserFactory()

wicket is very pluggable

[...]

Then you would not "pollute" your code, it would not have an influence on
other users who may already use a colon as first character in the
wicket:id and I would be flexible enough to do whatever I want with the
tag.

if you will be rolling your own i will be more then happy to remove my impl
from core :)

-igor

and you are welcome

Good to know.