Peter,

Thank you for sharing your experience with me. I'm beginning to come to
the same conclusions, so it's nice to hear the experiences of others.

I've looked a little bit into mootools, yui, scriptaculous, and dojo.

mootools: unless I'm blind, I can't find any docs. Since I'm not a js
guru, I need docs or else I'm pretty useless.

scriptaculous: seems to be not so bad.

dojo: seems ok to develop with, but the demos don't perform very well.

yui: by far the most documentation of all of these, including
interactive demos. I think I'm going to give this a shot.

Cheers,
David