We are experiencing a problem in our application because we are doing
something out of the ordinary.

We have an applet on our page which makes a wicket request on behalf of the
page. The request is a form submit which causes a file upload, but it
doesn't affect the state of the page. When wicket 1.3 processes the request
and calls getResponsePage() it identifies the response as an instance of
PageRequestTarget which causes the last version in the cache to increment.

The applet doesn't do anything with the response from wicket, so the
existing wicket urls on the page all still refer to the old page version.
Therefore, when you click anything (e.g. ajax links) we get a page expired
because the versioning is out of synch.

How would you recommend we approach this problem? Is there someway to tell
wicket in the request not to increment the last page version or tell it that
we are using a different target type than PageRequestTarget?

Thanks,
Jamie