That is because there is little point in putting intranet applications
(or non-public facing applications) on the wiki: nobody can see the
applications or browse them.

/me reminds himself to create a video of some sorts for the application built.

Martijn

On 5/23/07, Nino Saturnino Martinez Vazquez Wael
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I must dissagree(on the part where you say that wicket are mostly used
> in intranet apps), although not a wicket veteran yet(only been doing
> wicket for around 1.5 years).
>
> The two projects I've been involved in during this periode has both been
> using wicket. Both projects being commercially and also public
> accessible. Also skimming the wiki looking at sites almost none seems to
> be intranet ones..
>
> regards Nino
>
> Johan Compagner wrote:
> > wicket is a very good fit for intranet development.
> > I think it is mostly used in that kind of webapps.
> >
> > johan
> >

> > On 5/22/07, *Florian Hehlen* < [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL
> > PROTECTED]>> wrote:
> >
> >     Hi,
> >
> >     the reason we are comparing to Struts is that that's one of the
> >     contender. We are not a web-app shop. We need a general purpose
> >     toolkit for intranet development. But since struts is so popular
> >     it's being pitted against wicket.
> >
> >     Florian
> >

> >     Erik van Oosten wrote:
> >>     Hi Florian,
> >>
> >>     1- I am surprised you want to compare against Struts. Almost any
> >> modern web
> >>     framework will kick ass compared to Struts.
> >>
> >>     2- I know only of one. It is the first article on this page on the
> >> wiki:
> >>
> >>     http://cwiki.apache.org/WICKET/articles-about-wicket.html. It has a
> >> very
> >>
> >>     nice comparison of Wicket and JSF listings. Its a simple application,
> >> you
> >>     can easily image how to do it in Struts.
> >>
> >>     3- Wicket is weak at sites that need to handle millions of hits per
> >> minute
> >>     (not many frameworks are good at this). Wicket is also not very good
> >> if you
> >>
> >>     need absolute and complete control on the format of your URLs. These
> >> are
> >>     both extremes. I think Wicket will do very well for at least 90% of
> >> the web
> >>     applications.
> >>
> >>     Good luck,
> >>         Erik.

Wicket 1.2.6 contains a very important fix. Download Wicket now!
http://wicketframework.org