On Wed, 13 Jun 2007, verbal evasion wrote:
> yeah i got it to work. it wasnt the code, it was some maven weirdness that
> was going on. i have a few more questions. currently, when i login, my
> authentication mechanism tells me that i have successfully logged in, but it
> seems like the session information is not stored?? i have a print in my
> isVisible checks and it always says that the user variable is null. i may be
> returning the incorrect ResponsePage?

Login should output some logging information, which wasn't
shown in the output you posted. Are you sure it's being run?

Also you could log setting and getting the user in your
Session.

> this is for *one* successful login attempt. why is the constructor run so
> many times?  also, the output is wrong. what should i be returning as the
> setResponsePage from the onSubmit?

It's not any constructor, they are the isVisible methods of
your loggedin / loggedout components. I too have noticed
that isVisible() gets called several times per request, but
I suppose it has its reasons.

- Timo

--
Timo Rantalaiho