I guess you have to pay a price for the ease and convenience of Wicket. I
don't know if I want to pay that price. Depends on the application and the
target users I guess. At least I want to reduce the pain for the user. As
been pointed out by Eelco and Maurice, there are some possibilities to do
so.

But even if I would accept the usability penalty of the expiring pages, I'm
surrounded by usability experts who will never do that. Moreover a very long
session timeout won't be accepted by others. So most of the time I'll have
to stick with stateless pages. I'll loose a lot of the Wicket-goodness, but
I like the way markup and logic is seperated in Wicket, the way components
are built. Might be enough to stick with Wicket.

thanks,

Pieter