hi juergen,

> yes, this a valid comment. The <html> component is causing the
> problem. The header contribution code has obviously been designed in a
> way that it expects to be the very first contribution to the pages
> output markup. With the html component it no longer is, since the
> <head> section.

i understand. so, wouldn't it be the easiest way to change the behavior of the
HeaderContributors to automatically do a

getBodyContainer().add( new HeaderContributor.forCSS() )?

this could be tricky since the HeaderContributors are static as far as i've
seen.

> Though the most obvious approach doesn't right now, it is not a show
> stopper for you, since you can add the HeaderContributor to any other
> component of your page (except the page) and it'll work, correct?

not quite, my main problem isn't right now that my css don't get added to the
header, but the css for wicket-components like
org.apache.wicket.markup.html.tree.LinkTree

best regards, --- jan.