> two points:
>
> this is relatively new, i think it made it in just before 1.3-beta1 or
> somewhere there

I think it's been in there for quite a while. But as I never depended
on it, I wouldn't know.

> you didnt know about it, so of course you would be writing
> getters/setters

Heh. My point is that everyone did that on this project, including you
as far as I can see.

> - its easier to let the ide do that then write an
> inner class :) so you see - not having this feature leads to bad OO as
> you tend to break encapsulation

Like I said before, I agree. Though calling having a few getters and
setters on component you'd only use for Wicket bad OO is a bit far
fetched imo.