> (Two others that I've heard good things about are Cayenne & Mr.
> Persister, but I've not used either yet.)

To make the list complete, people could take a look at
ActiveObjects[1], which is a new initiative to create something akin
to ActiveRecord, and has a Wicket based examples project.

Or you could even go for an object database, like db4o[2]. It would
have been great if the latter had a distribution with a friendly
(preferably Apache 2) license for just the API, so that we could
create a sample project for that sometimes. At least I would find it
interesting to play around with it.

Eelco

[1] https://activeobjects.dev.java.net/,
http://blogs.dzone.com/daniel/2007/07/18/an-easier-java-orm/