Have you tried the wl_django1_8 branch? Even if some things won't work with
this branch (mainly the third party apps) it should work for testing your
changes. We could also try to submit my latest wlwebsite installation as a
zipfile from me to you and you could try to use it. But i am not sure if this
will work.

Hopefully i get ready with wl_django1_8 in a few weeks... at least for testing
on the alpha site. Adapting the third party apps to django 1.8 and including
them as wl-apps isn't much work, (i believe).
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~widelands-dev/widelands-website/encyclopedia/+merge/287410
Your team Widelands Developers is subscribed to branch lp:widelands-website.