I tested the new version now. It is better of course as we have one writing
cycyle less.
However it lasts still about 3:40 minutes from clicking start until the game
finally starts for maps with a lot of fields.
As this was introduced to avoid a 4 (maybe 6) second black screen on big maps
after the game started I am pretty unsure whether this is worth the pain. For
me I'd rather accept a 6 second blackscreen and a game start after 40 seconds
than having to wait 3:40 minutes. Perhaps we could display a message box from
lua instead having this done in the game initialisation.
Of course we will suffer the same thing when saving a game but this could be
circumvented by increasing the autosave interval.
Anyhow getting rid of the superfluos save is good in any way.

So what are your thoughts about this?

Another question I am interested in is whether this is a windows only behaviour
and if so why?
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~widelands-dev/widelands/bug-1810062-territorial-calculations/+merge/361366
Your team Widelands Developers is subscribed to branch