For whatever reason, this method does not work with Wien2k.

If you want to do this, see the notes on constrained LDA in textbooks.
In my opinion the on-site hybrids make this obsolete.

On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 3:31 AM, Wei Xie <wxie4 at wisc.edu> wrote:
> Dear WIEN2k community members,
>
> Has self-consistent Hubbard U approach been implemented in WIEN2k 10.1? By
> self-consistent, I mean the U value is obtained in SCF cycles and doesn't
> have to be specified manually, rendering the calculations fully ab initio,
> like in QUANTUM-ESPRESSO as exemplified in Phys. Rev. Lett. 97, 103001 (2006).
>
> If so, could anyone know more details give me some instruction on it? Thanks
> a lot!
>
> Cheers,
> Wei
>
> Computational Materials Group
> University of Wisconsin-Madison

Laurence Marks
MSE Rm 2036 Cook Hall
2220 N Campus Drive
Northwestern University
Evanston, IL 60208, USA
Tel: (847) 491-3996 Fax: (847) 491-7820
email: L-marks at northwestern dot edu
Web: www.numis.northwestern.edu
Chair, Commission on Electron Crystallography of IUCR
www.numis.northwestern.edu/
Electron crystallography is the branch of science that uses electron
scattering and imaging to study the structure of matter.