-----Mensaje original-----
De: wien-bounces at zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at [mailto:wien-bounces at
zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at] En nombre de Peter Blaha
Enviado el: lunes, 27 de febrero de 2012 9:04
Para: A Mailing list for WIEN2k users
Asunto: Re: [Wien] Wien2k_11 ORB execution

There is nothing to "recompile" if there is no error !
Bad compilation results in an error, but not in running a scf cycle without the
orb program.

In runsp script one can read, that when   -orb is specified, it max jump over
the "orb step"
when either case.inorb is not present,
          or case.dmatup/dn is not present or empty !!!
          or   -orbc is specified instead !

Am 27.02.2012 08:58, schrieb Cesar:
> Yes i have it.
> The most strange is that lapw1 includes the orb flag, as usual in orb
> calculation, but the orb program is "apparently" not running.  I remark the
> word apparently because the the scf Ends without any error.
> N.B. I ve done orb calculations in other systems and orb program runs always
> after lapw0, and lapw1 has orb flag active during these calculations.
> I m thinking to recompile all again and see if it is fixed. If not fixed i
> will submit you full report.
> Cesar
>
> El 24/02/2012, a las 20:46, Peter Blaha<pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at>
> escribi?:
>> Could it be that you do not have a case.inorb file ????>  >  Am 24.02.2012
>> 17:07, schrieb Cesar:>>  Ok. Thank you.>>  Yes, I guess sometimes It is
>> difficult to send us a correct reply without sending you a full report.>>
>> First, I will repeat eece calculations without mixing orb and eece flags. I
>> did not see this information in the wien2k guide, so I was doing wrong the
>> eece calculation.>>  If i still having problems i will submit you a complet
>> report and include the calculation with orb flag only, where aparently orb
>> program is not executed after lapw0 (when you check the status of scf
>> process) but the scf convergence is obtained.>>  SincerelyCesar>>  >>  >>
>> northwestern.edu>   escribi?:>>>  Can you please try and send your question
>> again, explaining a bit>   more. I am not sure that anyone can currently
>> help as it is not clear>   exactly what you are asking.>   >   N.B., you
>> cannot run orb and eece at the same t
ime.>   >   N.N.B., did you setup the input files for orb and eece? If you did
not>   then they won't run.>   >   On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 5:09 AM, C?sar de la
Fuente<cesar at unizar.es>   wrote:>>   To whom may concern,>>   >>   I m using
wien2k_11 and after selecting the orb option for a regular "run_sp_lapw " I
have never seen the execution of the "orb" program after "lapw0" (as other
times), but "lapw1" is still having the flag -orb active. In fact, run_sp_lapw
finish correctly without having any apparently error and without running orb
program somehow. Is it normal?>>   >>   I am comment you that because I m
having a lapw0 error during first cycle when I activate the flags -eece and
-orb together in run_sp_lapw from w2web, and I guess it is because the orb
program>  is not running during self consistent cycles.>>   >>   Many thanks in
advance for your comments.>>   Dr. C?sar de la Fuente>>   >>   >>

                                       P.Blaha