I see that quote all over. :) It's kind of funny to me because it
often seems to be used in a way that encourages the idea that
wikipedia working is mysterious and magical. As an academic it seems
like a pretty plain and straightforward statement: Our theories don't
seem to account for this, so there's more work to be done on our
theories. Yay.

(I actually think there's a significant body of theory we can use to
explain a lot of what's going on in Wikipedia, but it's distributed
among different disciplines with different vocabularies and difficult
to synthesize. :) )


On 8/30/07, Desilets, Alain <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Check: WP:ACST for a list of articles with abstracts. There
> > should be a few suitable.
>
> Sorry, what does WP:ACST?
>
> > "The problem about Wikipedia is, that it just works in
> > reality, not in
> > theory."
>
> BTW: I love that quote. Is it yours? I'll be using it a lot in the future!
>
>
> ----
> Alain Désilets, National Research Council of Canada
> Chair, WikiSym 2007
>
> 2007 International Symposium on Wikis
> Wikis at Work in the World:
> Open, Organic, Participatory Media for the 21st Century
>
> http://www.wikisym.org/ws2007/
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Wiki-research-l mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wiki-research-l
>

_______________________________________________
Wiki-research-l mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wiki-research-l

Reply via email to