Hello Felipe,

Maybe we speak about different things now. At
http://stats.wikimedia.org/EN/BotActivityMatrix.htm

*de <http://stats.wikimedia.org/EN/TablesWikipediaDE.htm>*
*ja<http://stats.wikimedia.org/EN/TablesWikipediaJA.htm>
* *fr <http://stats.wikimedia.org/EN/TablesWikipediaFR.htm>*
*it<http://stats.wikimedia.org/EN/TablesWikipediaIT.htm>
* *pl <http://stats.wikimedia.org/EN/TablesWikipediaPL.htm>*
*es<http://stats.wikimedia.org/EN/TablesWikipediaES.htm>
* *nl <http://stats.wikimedia.org/EN/TablesWikipediaNL.htm>*
*pt<http://stats.wikimedia.org/EN/TablesWikipediaPT.htm>
* *ru <http://stats.wikimedia.org/EN/TablesWikipediaRU.htm>*
*zh<http://stats.wikimedia.org/EN/TablesWikipediaZH.htm>
* *sv <http://stats.wikimedia.org/EN/TablesWikipediaSV.htm>*
*fi<http://stats.wikimedia.org/EN/TablesWikipediaFI.htm>
**8%**6%**22%**25%**26%**15%**29%**30%**26%**15%**23%**22%*
The bot share of all edits is not that insignificant.

Ziko

2008/11/13 Felipe Ortega <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Hi, Erik, and all.
>
> IMHO, it would be a good idea...but not definitely an urgent one. In our
> analyses on the top-ten Wikipedias, we found that bots contributions
> introduced very few noise in data (to be precise statistically, it was not
> significant at all).
>
> You also have the additional problem that some bots are not identified in
> the users_group table.
>
> My "practical impression" is that when you deal with overall figures, then
> bots are irrelevant. However, if you want to focus in special metrics like
> concentration indexes then their contribution DOES MATTER, since a very
> active bot in one month may ruin your measurments.
>
> Regards,
>
> Felipe.

Ziko van Dijk
NL-Silvolde