On 3 May 2012 06:08, Laura Hale <la...@fanhistory.com> wrote:

> I'm not seeing a problem with running out of ideas.  I do see a bit of a
> culture that discourages people from using red links though.

I blame that on teachers that tell students not to use Red pens for
historical reasons (which they would never seem to be able to
elaborate on during cross-investigation). Some of the
red-link-delinkers may be teachers still trying to rid the world of
red text. It would be a nice sociology experiment to switch the
wikipedia CSS stylesheets to use a neutral colour instead of red and
see how many missing-wiki-links disappear and appear compared to
previously.

Peter