Very useful Han-Teng, but one should note that the original data is about "the
percentage of requesting ip addresses", excluding duplications of a single
IP address within the same day,  and not for example the number of edits.
These two can be very different depending on dynamic/static IP address
models in different countries.
And that explains the discrepancy between your results and our earlier
analysis based on circadian patterns and edits timestamps.
<http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0030091#pone-0030091-g004>

Again, very interesting and well done.
Best,
Taha

On Fri, May 16, 2014 at 4:28 PM, h <hant...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> With the aim to compare Wikipedia traffic report data (e.g. viewing versus
> editing, regional differences within a language version, etc.), I have made
> a few more interactive infographics which show the historical changes since
> late 2011. (Historical numbers are scraped from the past versions archived
> by the Internet archive)
>
> For more, please visit follow the link below:
> http://people.oii.ox.ac.uk/hanteng/2014/05/16/wikipedia-traffic/
>
> It has at least one nice interactive feature: a user can zoom and pan to
> view the chart easily with a mouse or mousepad. The SVG vector-based
> presentation insures the picture quality is consistent when users zoom in
> to compare data points.  (I haven't figured out how mpld3's html tooltip
> work for this project, though.)
>
>     It is also possible to extend the prototype with dynamic json objects
> so that the chart/tables can be updated automatically.
>
>     Any suggestions and comments are welcome.
>
> Best,
> han-teng liao

.t