All,
Thanks for the great responses. It seems like, Andrew, Ed, DataSift, and
Mitar are now all offering overlapping solutions to the real-time diff
monitoring problem. The one thing I take away from that is that if the API
is robust enough to serve these 4 clients in real time, then adding another
is a drop in the bucket.

However, as others like Yuvi pointed out, and Aaron has prototyped we could
make this better, by serving an augmented RCstream. I wonder how easy it
would be to allow community development on that project since it seems that
it would require access to the full databases, which only WMF developers
seem to have access to at the moment.

Make a great day,
Max Klein ‽ http://notconfusing.com/