Hi Jonathan Cardy, hi all,

I just found something that could enhance our exchange by naming a few
more factors than usually discussed on this list:

"In practice, the opportunities for realizing novel, unusual, or less
fashionable
technological functions are often constrained by a variety of factors: rigid
habits, lack of imagination, technical obstacles, vested interests, economic
power relationships, social impediments, moral constraints, and the like."
Hans Radder, "Critical Philosophy of Technology: The Basic Issues", in: Social
Epistemology, Vol. 22, No. 1, January-March 2008, pp. 51-70, p. 59

* rigid habits
* lack of imagination
* technical obstacles
* vested interests
* economic power relationships
* social impediments
* moral constraints
* and the like

so, in line with the hegemonic culture on this list, what novel, unusual, or
less
fashionable *technological functions* could be used to solve the power issues
that seem to keep up the gender gap?

best,
Claudia
koltzenb...@w4w.net