Hello,

As far as it is about me, I can say that I left wikimedia-l twice or
three times. I left mainly because of the high amount of mails, also
often not very useful mails, "witty" remarks in 1-2 lines for example.

But I think that this is a good example for a quantitative research
that should later lead you to a qualitative look. And maybe it is
indeed an indicator for something. In systems theory, one might think
that the social system shows an internal differentiation so that
people go to more specialized lists.

Isnt't there literature about the traffic on mailing lists?

Kind regards,
Ziko